You can share the gospel using any three-digit number. Video below.
Every Three-Digit Number Points to 1089
Here’s the scenario: you ask someone for a random three-digit number. And then you do some processing of their number using simple math. It turns out that the random number you processed ends up at 1089. So you ask them to open the Bible which they have been holding. And they flip to the bookmark which you have previously placed at Romans 10:8-9. Bottom line: They are amazed that the random number they picked pointed to the gospel the whole time. See the video demonstration above.
Romans 10:8-9 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is the word of faith that we proclaim): because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
First You Do the Math
|Process Steps||Example #1||Example #2||Example #3|
|Hand them Your Bible with
Romans 10:8-9 Bookmarked
|They Pick a Number||621||427||321|
|You Reverse it||126||724||123|
|Reverse the New Number||594||792||891|
|Total (Add last 2 Numbers)||1089||1089||1089|
Then You Share the Gospel
- Ask the person to open the Bible to the bookmarked page. And they are amazed because you have bookmarked Romans 10:8-9. Remember, they have been holding your Bible. And the bookmark has been pointing them to their number the whole time.
- Then ask them to read the highlighted passage: Romans 10:8-9
- Finally, ask them about the passage.
- Do you know what that it means to be saved?
- Do you know the gospel of Jesus Christ?
- Have you repented and put your faith in Christ alone?
Where can you share the gospel using simple math?
- One-to-one Evangelism: Show it on a sheet of paper or the back of an envelope. And it will always open the door to the gospel.
- Group Evangelism: Show it on a whiteboard and a group will gather as you share the gospel.